Search This Blog

Friday 20 November 2015

An Actual Class

Nov 20

This morning I again went to good hope. I was able to get the key to the music room, and during break I helped teach some of the more ambitious students some more guitar chords. Magere got there for the class, and we continued teaching chords. As this was the oldest class we get (I think they are grade 6), class went very smoothly and they did very well with their learning. Halfway through all of the boys left (I'm not sure why) so me and Magere were giving the girls many examples of women guitar players, as some of the girls didn't believe they could become musicians because of their gender. We capped this off by singing Revolution by Tracy Chapman. The class ran over time because the students were having so much fun, and we sang many more songs. I was the only one when I got home, but soon Audrey got back from work and we went to the pool, as it was one of the nicest days there had been in a while. Mount Meru was even visible, a rarity in the short rainy season. One of the side effects of the antimalarial pills I take is that I sunburn more easily, so unfortunately when I fell asleep on the deck there were some drastic consequences. Because of the angle of the sun however the burn was only on one side of my body. That night I played and lost at kill ball, and went to bed, getting ready for an early morning the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this blog. Dan and I are following your adventure and completely enjoying your posts. The kids look like they are having fun and enjoying your music.Love your pictures of the safari. Dan and I are very proud of you.

    lots of love Jo and Dan

    Hey le grand ne lâche pas tu fait une belle job....peace out to Daniel from Dan

    ReplyDelete