Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Good Hope Round 2

Nov 17

Finally I was able to go to good hope again. Unfortunately I did not check the class schedule before I went to bed, so I got up 4 hours early as class didn't start untill the afternoon. My morning consisted of playing my guitar on the balcony and an exhausting trip to the massai market. This is a market for buying souvenirs with many different vendors, always trying to get you into their shop and sell you their wares. When I got home I only had time for a quick lunch before I left. I decided to take a pigypigy there as it would be easier with my guitar. This is a type of motorcycle taxi notorious for their dangerous driving. Luckily I managed to find a sane (and sober) one and was on my way. We got a little lost on the way but luckily I budgeted that into my commute so I got there right on time. Magere (the music teacher) and I decided it would be good to teach the kids how to actually play guitar, so we showed them how to play the Am Dm and E chords. Then we got them up 5 at a time (as there are only 5 guitars) and made them play the Am chord. Lastly before I left I taught them all the chorus to Wagon Wheel, and we all sang it together. On the way home it started pouring rain, and I didn't have a coat so I got soaked. Luckily my guitar case is mostly  waterproof so no harm came to the guitar. I couldn't have a nice warm shower when I got home because the power was out. The outage remained into the night, so we had to have a candle lit dinner. It came back for about an hour, but remains out now, noon the next day. The biggest problem has been charging my phone, which is now on the brink of dying. Hopefully it will be back on again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment