Search This Blog

Saturday 14 November 2015

Lake Manyara

Nov 11
The last day on safari was spent in lake manyara conservation area, which was not as exciting as the other parks as it was still in the dry season. While remembrance day is not something anyone celebrates here I still took a minute of silence to remember our soldiers, however I had no access to a poppy to wear. I got back to the house in the late afternoon, and said  good bye to my travel companions and the driver and cook. The rest if the day I spent relaxing after my big adventure. 2 am I was woken by someone pounding on the door of my apartment, but Peter, another man I share the apartment with, beat me to it. Turns out a girl got her passport, credit card, and phone stolen that night, and needed money to pay for her cab ride home. Luckily by this time she has recovered her passport, and she had a backup card, so all is well again. However that was not a very restful night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment