Search This Blog

Monday 2 November 2015

Two in One

I'm posting this for both Nov 1st and 2nd, because frankly there wasn't much to say about yesterday, just a normal day of rest from last night's festivities. I only went out to the corner store and the ATM and again had a good conversation with the owner even though he doesn't really speak English. I was subbed in for killball and got second, so I brought Andreas up to 2nd in the standings overall. Today was a very stressful day at the orphanage, as there were only three teachers for four classes. The kids were also very rowdy, sensing our weakness, so it was a rough day. Vanessa, the girl who has problems with her eyesight also latched onto me for the entire day. On the way back from the orphanage I experienced my first real tropical storm, for about twenty minutes it rained like I've never seen with string winds and even hail. I went out for dinner tonight and got to experience one of the more popular bars and then it was kill ball and off to bed. It's looking like I might actually be able to spend a couple days teaching music at a school here, which would be an even better fit for my skills!

This is a picture of Vanessa, she wasn't feeling well today so I couldn't really get her to smile. Hopefully we will be getting her to a hospital again soon to get her health sorted out for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment