Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Tarangire

Nov. 7

The first day on safari was spent in Tarangire national park. Tarangire is known for its baobab forests and elephant herds. In the morning I was picked up by our driver Heri, and met my companions for the journey, two Danish volunteers, one who lived in the same house as me and one that had been working in Moshi, and Stephen, a German volunteer that lives at Good Hope. We stopped briefly to pick up our chef for the journey, Ari, and were on our way. At the gate to the park we waited for Heri to pay the park fees, and took a walk on a platform around a massive baobab tree. The first animals we saw were velvet monkeys, begging for food from the masses of tourists. Tarangire was a very nice park, and a good introduction to safari, where we got to see different animals around every corner. Lunch was delicious, and was a nice change from the usual food from the house. Around 5:30 we made our way out of the park, and to our first campsite, which was very luxurious, with real beds, hot showers, and flush toilets. Dinner again was amazing, with fish from lake Victoria, and was accompanied by traditional African song and dance.

I will post a few photos of each day, but they are not amazing as they were just taken with my phone. Sometime later I will give directions to where photos with a really nice camera are, but untill then I will have to make do with my phone photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment